How To Measure Your Kitchen
1. Begin by measuring the room wall-to-wall.
2. Make a rough drawing of the shape of the room. Represent each wall, door, window and any protrusions or recessed areas.
3. Measure each wall section and record on the drawing. (A wall section is from one corner to a door way or window.)
4. Measure each door and record; don’t forget Indicate on your sketch how each door swings. (In to or out of the room & which side the hinge is on). NOTE: windows and doors are measured from outside edge to outside edge of casing or trim.
5. Measure from the floor to the bottom of your windows & mark it down.
6. Measure each window; don’t forget windows are measured from outside edge to outside edge of casing or trim.
7. Then measure from the bottom of the window to the top of the window.
8. Measure from the top of the window to the ceiling & mark it down.
9. Measure from the floor to the ceiling. Total the measurement from 5-9 they should equal this measurement.
10. Mark the locations of where the appliances will go, be sure to record the dimensions of each appliance. Start by measuring the Width, Height, and Depth. If you are putting in new appliances, try to have the Width, Height, and Depth, of any new stoves, dishwashers, and refrigerators ready at the time of design. Be sure to include new services such as a water line for an icemaker, or under cabinet outlets for water filters, wine keepers, or garbage disposal.
This spreadsheet is to be used to write down measurements on appliances:
Refrigerator ______W x ______H x ______D
Range Hood ______W x ______H x ______D
Stove ______W x ______H x ______D
Sink ______W x ______H x ______D
Dishwasher ______W x ______H x ______D
Trash Compactor ______W x ______H x ______D
Microwave ______W x ______H x ______D
Oven (wall mount) ______W x ______H x ______D
11. Mark on your sketch, the exact location of the sink, water & gas lines, wall switch & receptacles, & any other obstructions in the room. Be sure to measure to the center of these & not the edge. Double check your work. These measurements must be 100% correct for your new cabinetry to fit correctly.
12. Measure all other walls in kitchen following steps 3 through 9. Measure all walls even if you do not plan to put cabinets on them. (This is important for us to present you with a proper design).
13. Add up all dimensions on each wall and verify that the total is equal to the total wall dimension listed on the chart. (If not, re-measure!)
How To Measure For Your Bathroom
1. Measure the width of the available space. Take into account the room necessary for cabinet doors and drawers to open. Consider door clearance and toilet location when designing your bath.
2. Confirm that a 21” deep bathroom vanity will work in your available space. If your space is limited, we offer a limited selection of 18” deep bath vanities. 3. Confirm that a 34.5” Height vanity will work in your available space. As that is the tallest vanity we presently offer..